The person listed above (“Foster Home”) agrees to act as a foster home for Tabby Tales
Rescue, Inc. (“Tabby Tales”) in accordance with the terms of this Foster Home Agreement (“Agreement”).
- The Foster Home certifies that the information provided herein and in his/her Foster Home Application is true and correct.
- The Foster Home acknowledges that s/he has been provided a copy of the Tabby Tales Foster Manual, and understands and agrees to abide by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and the Foster Manual. The Foster Home understands that basic medical and general expenses shall be covered by Tabby Tales. Tabby Tales appreciates any willingness to donate basic supplies such as food, litter, litter boxes, food bowls, etc.
- The Foster Home agrees to care for its foster cats in a humane and responsible manner, and to provide the foster cat with sufficient shelter, water and food.
- The Foster Home acknowledges that ownership of all foster cats shall remain with Tabby Tales until such time as proper adoption is completed. No foster cat may be adopted, transferred, or relinquished without written approval by an authorized representative of Tabby Tales.
- The Foster Home agrees to transport the foster cat in a secure pet carrier when outside of its foster home and to keep the foster cat within the passenger compartment of any vehicle during vehicular transportation. All foster cats are to remain indoors.
- The Foster Home understands and agrees that only designated Tabby Tales representatives have authority to approve and place rescued animals into foster or permanent homes, and that only authorized representatives of Tabby Tales will conduct interviews and home visits and make adoption placement decisions.
- The Foster Home agrees to notify the Foster Coordinator as soon as possible of any change in the status of either the cat in his/her care or the foster home environment described above, and to immediately notify the Foster Coordinator in the event the foster cat is injured or missing. Reasonable emergency veterinary expenses for the foster animal will be reimbursed by Tabby Tales in accordance with the Foster Manual in the event a Tabby Tales approved veterinarian cannot be reached.
- The Foster Home agrees to be courteous, helpful, and honest to potential adopters and to cooperate in showing the foster cat and accommodating potential adopters who wish to see the foster animal. The Foster Home will provide Tabby Tales with his/her fair impressions and honest assessment of the foster cat.
- The Foster Home understands that adoptions will be deemed consummated only upon execution of the Tabby Tales adoption contract, receipt of adoption fee and final approval by an authorized Tabby Tales representative.
- All animals belonging to Foster Home personally must also be spayed or neutered and provided with all necessary medical care including core vaccinations and flea preventative. Exceptions could be made for senior pets or pets with medical conditions.
- The Foster Home understands that if the Foster Home decides to adopt the foster cat, they will pay the full adoption fee charged by Tabby Tales.
- Foster pets must be supervised at all times when children and other animals are present.
- The Foster Home understands and agrees that Tabby Tales foster cats are rescues, and that rescue animals respond to situations differently and unpredictably. The Foster Home understands and agrees that Tabby Tales makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, about the foster cat’s health, behavior or temperament.
- Any items borrowed from Tabby Tales such as carriers, bowls, etc. must be returned when Foster Home ceases fostering for Tabby Tales.
The Foster Home understands that all work done with Tabby Tales is at his/her own risk, and hereby releases Tabby Tales, its officers, volunteers, agents, employees, contractors and representatives from any liability of any kind whatsoever arising from his/her voluntary foster care and/or from any claims relating to adoption, ownership or possession of the foster animal. The Foster Home also agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Tabby Tales, its officers, volunteers, agents, employees, contractors and representatives from any and all losses, fines, claims or damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising out of or relating to the foster animal or his/her voluntary foster care of such animal, including any claims for injury or damage to persons or property caused by the foster animal.
I grant Tabby Tales, its representatives and employees the right to take photographs of me and my property in connection with this Foster Agreement and volunteer activities. I authorize Tabby Tales, its assigns and transferees to copyright, use and publish the same in print and/or electronically. I agree that Tabby Tales may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising and web content.
The Foster Home certifies that s/he is at least 21 years of age, and understands that this is a legally binding contract. All adults in the Foster Home must sign and agree to this contract.